Hair: Chunky two-stand twists (done in car!) // Sunglasses: via NYC Street Vendor // Earrings: Aye' Shanti Designs // Necklace & Belt: Forever 21 // T-shirt: Threads 4 Thought // Skirt: Re-styled cheapo dress cut into skirt (becoming my summer favorite!) // Purse: street artist in South Africa (via Dom) // Recycled Rubber Bracelets: Made in Mali, available via Made With Love and at Sustainable NYC // Silver Bracelet: 70s hippie vintage (via Mom) // Ring: Handmade by my friend Roberta (who is also a gifted photographer) // Shoes: Sam by Dansko // Staying hydrated thanks to my Klean Kanteen
Two weekends ago, Richard and I had so much fun visiting his mom in Westchester (the 'burbs of NYC). Usually weekends there are packed with family activities or just hanging around, but that Saturday was different. Here's a list of the fun things we did:
- Hung out at the waterfront park then did some reading at the nearby Hastings-on-Hudson library, on one of the couches which offered a river view and AC!
- Got lunch at Antoinette's cafe, a haven for hipsters (or as hipster as you can get in Westchester), seniors, and everyone in between.
- Bought more organic soil for our garden at Sprainbrook Nursery. It was an interesting experience- very different from Home Depot, that's for sure!
- Hudson River Museum to see exhibit of Federico Uribe's Fantasy River, a magical critter-filled world made from repurposed materials. It was AMAZING! If you can make it to Yonkers by August 11, you must see it!
- Took a walk around Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
- Got surprisingly yummy Indian food for take-away at Calcutta Wrap & Roll in Ardsley. It was one of the best Indian restaurants I've been to!
Also, check out this NY Times article on how Hastings is becoming a hub for hipster breeders priced out of Brooklyn. It made us laugh a little.
See what other bloggers are wearing, and share your style, at The Pleated Poppy:
If you're visiting from WIWW, please say hi.
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was entertaining. Wanna keep nerding out about creative green living? Let's stay connected: Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Monthly(-ish) Newsletter // Bloglovin' // YouTube
Consider supporting this blog by purchasing green cleaning & fun home goodies selected by me via my Amazon shop or clicking on an ad. Thanks.