This all natural scrub is a yummy treat for skin damaged by winter weather. Almond oil is moisturizing. Sugar and ground coffee exfoliate dry skin. Chocolate, coffee, and vanilla are rich in antioxidants, which help prevent and repair damaged skin cells. Honey is a humectant, so it actually draws moisture to your skin and keeps it there. Peppermint oil perks up your mood, chasing away the winter blues.
This bath and shower-friendly scrub is also great for use after washing your hands.
DIY Chocolate Espresso Mint Cookie Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1/2 cup fair trade ground coffee beans
- 3 oz fair trade brown sugar (substitute: white sugar with 1 tsp molasses blended in)
- 1 heaping tablespoon fair trade cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon fair trade raw honey (vegan substitute: vegetable glycerine)
- 1/2 cup organic almond oil, more or less
- 10 drops French vanilla liquid stevia (substitute: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder)
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil