The last day of the year is a great day for reflecting on and making peace with the year that has passed. It's also a great time to set intentions for the following year.
My major accomplishments and milestones of 2013 are:
- I joined Soka Gakki International and started practicing Nichiren Buddhism.
- I enrolled in the health coach training program at Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- I stopped taking birth control (after having some really awful side effects) and learned I can have (mostly) clear, acne-free skin and feel happy and balanced all month without it.
- I finally wrote an eBook on green cleaning.
- I co-hosted my first food swap ever with RI Food Swap and co-hosted a vegan book swap in Boston with Jamie Hagen (our first for New England, but the fourth of all).
- I got love from an additional 330 Facebook page fans. I was hoping to reach a total of 1K in 2013. Doesn't look like it will happen, but I'm so happy and encouraged by the community that is happening there. At one point, I think 87 people were "talking about" my page. Wow!
- I recovered from my addiction to doughnuts, and sugar in general. Doesn't sound huge, but it's a big deal for me. It's nice to not be controlled by food cravings.