The last day of the year is a great day for reflecting on and making peace with the year that has passed. It's also a great time to set intentions for the following year.
My major accomplishments and milestones of 2013 are:
- I joined Soka Gakki International and started practicing Nichiren Buddhism.
- I enrolled in the health coach training program at Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- I stopped taking birth control (after having some really awful side effects) and learned I can have (mostly) clear, acne-free skin and feel happy and balanced all month without it.
- I finally wrote an eBook on green cleaning.
- I co-hosted my first food swap ever with RI Food Swap and co-hosted a vegan book swap in Boston with Jamie Hagen (our first for New England, but the fourth of all).
- I got love from an additional 330 Facebook page fans. I was hoping to reach a total of 1K in 2013. Doesn't look like it will happen, but I'm so happy and encouraged by the community that is happening there. At one point, I think 87 people were "talking about" my page. Wow!
- I recovered from my addiction to doughnuts, and sugar in general. Doesn't sound huge, but it's a big deal for me. It's nice to not be controlled by food cravings.
I started looking at my personal characteristics for what they are- just things about me. They don't need to be changed. This shift has allowed me to discover and appreciate opportunities where these characteristics are helpful for myself and others instead. Even small things like being able to find and connect people with their lost objects have been little heart-warming bonuses of being super observant of details.
Some of my goals for 2014 are:
- Launch a kick-ass coaching practice and empower at least 30 clients to create joyfully healthy eco-conscious lives as individuals and as radiant members of their community.
- Teach a workshop each week. Part of me wonders if this is even possible, but why not try!
- Complete The Artist's Way with a group and establish a daily creative practice.
- Take group fitness classes once a week.
- Get a driver's license.
- Move to a new small city or town closer to friends and family. (I miss my NYC peeps!)
- Write another eBook.
- Incorporate more self-care into my day. Breathe more. Get into bed by 11pm.
- Have a guest post on a blog or in a publication besides my own each week.
- Make soap, finally!
- Put something in my Etsy shop, dammit!
- Reach 2K Facebook fans.
- Earn $50K via my own entrepreneurial efforts.
What were your greatest accomplishments this year? What are you looking forward to achieving in 2014?
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was helpful. Wanna keep nerding out about creative green living? Let's stay connected: Newsletter // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Bloglovin' // YouTube
Consider supporting this blog by shopping via my Amazon shop or buying my green cleaning eBook. Thanks.