- I was tired of working at low-paying, dead-end jobs.
- I had completed college over 5 years ago and craved to return to structured education, but I did not want to go to graduate school.
- I was seeking a career that would allow me to help people, grow, and earn as much as I want.
- I wanted to improve my personal health, especially to end my sugar addiction and to begin to exercise regularly.
I was excited about the possibility of becoming a health coach, but I was also a little scared because:
- I was afraid I wouldn't be able to afford it.
- I wasn't the best student in college; it was often hard for me to keep up.
- I didn't know much about nutrition and was clueless about exercise.
I am so glad I didn't let fear keep me from pursuing my new dream. I called an IIN admission rep and learned:
- There are a variety of tuition payment plans and saving opportunities.
- The program is designed to enable all kinds of learners succeed. Also, the pacing is very comfortable.
- The classroom app would allow me to study anywhere, at any time from my iPhone or iPad. (Update: As of 2015, IIN students have access to all study materials from any device that goes on the web. Lucky you!)
- IIN would teach me everything I need to know about health and wellness, as well as developing coaching skills and building a profitable business.
Enrolling at Integrative Nutrition has given me a renewed sense of hope about my present and my future. I learn something new everyday. I'm getting plenty of support to reach my personal wellness goals. I now exercise 2-3 times a week (up from twice a month!). I've even made a few friends, which I wasn't expecting to happen through an online school. Best of all: I'm looking forward to having an awesome, new career in one year. I'll be getting paid to be healthy and to empower others to do the same! How awesome is that?!!!
What about you? What are your career and life goals? How will you achieve them?
The above content was originally written in September 2013. I'm so grateful that I completed IIN's health coach training program. It was one of the best choices I've ever made.
Think you might wanna become a health coach? Enjoy a sample class for a taste of what IIN is all about! Also check out their Curriculum Guide that goes into more detail on the curriculum and opportunities you’ll have as a practicing Health Coach.
Olivia Lane Lovejoy is a Blogger, Green Living Educator, and Health Coach trained at The Institute for Integrative Nutrition.