|Pictured: Secret Weapon Purple Miso Soup, Spicy Pumpkin Chili, Curry Cauiflower with Spinach Soup, Blender Borsch, and Spiced Red Lentil Tomato Kale Soup.|
I love vegan soup so much I created the 21 Day Vegan Soup Challenge. Every February I lead a group though the challenge. You can also do the challenge on your own at any time of the year. (Click here for details and registration.)
The first day of the 2016 guided group challenge is Sunday, February 7, 2016. The last day of the guided group challenge is Saturday, February 27, 2016.
Here are recipes I featured during last year's challenge. They were selected because they all include nutrient-dense whole foods. Many also include orange root veggies, healthy fats, and protein-- three important factors in reducing cravings for unhealthy sweets.
12 Easy Vegan Soups (featured during 2015 Vegan Soup Challenge):
- Coconut Curry Soup
- Hearty Two-Lentil Soup With Mushrooms
- Vegan Blender Borscht
- Brussels Sprouts and Garlic Soup
- Spicy Vegan Pumpkin Chili
- Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato, and Kale Soup
- Curried Cauliflower Soup with Spinach and Nigella Seeds
- Secret Weapon Purple Miso Soup
- Spicy Squashiflower Soup
- Vegan Chowder with Dulse
- Chickpea & Rice Soup With A Little Kale
- Gingered Carrot Orange Soup
- Carrot Apple Ginger Soup (Guess that's actually 13 soups! Don't tell anyone. Ha ha!)
|This was one of my favorites: Coconut Curry Soup. I enjoyed it with quinoa and side of curry tempeh.|
What's your favorite vegan soup recipe? Leave a link to the recipe in the comments.
Are you participating in the guided 21 Day Vegan Soup Challenge this February? Get all the info here. We'll be enjoying a whole new set of selected recipes during the challenge!