Many moons ago I belonged to The Bed-Stuy Farm Share, one of the best CSA's ever (imho). I was constantly confronted with a bounty of beautiful veggies I had no idea what to do with. It was a great way to experiment in the kitchen!
Sandwich Verde is one of my creations that worked out particularly well. It's just all kinds of creamy green goodness!
Course: Snacks and Sandwiches
- 1-2 slices thick and hearty whole grain bread
- Earth balance or butter, (or maybe a thin schmear of tahini for more protein)
- 1⁄2-1 whole avocado sliced
- 1-2 tomatillos sliced
- 2 green onions/ scallions sliced
- white pepper
- garlic powder or 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- Butter the bread.
- Pile avocado on one slice of bread. Top with tomatillos and green onions.
- Season to taste with garlic, herbs, and spices.
- Squeeze a wee bit of lime juice over everything.
- Top with other slice of bread or serve as an open face sandwich.
I originally shared this recipe on VegWeb.com. VegWeb boasts status of "The World Largest Collection of Vegetarian Recipes." It's a great online community for opinionated home cooks. Check them out to find for more yummy recipes and to share your own.
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was helpful. Wanna keep nerding out about creative green living? Let's stay connected: Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Newsletter // Bloglovin' // YouTube