|You need to eat a lot of broccoli (about 4 cups) to consume 100 calories, but I'm up for the challenge!|
Here's a list of 9 high protein vegetables to center your Meatless Monday meals around. All are nutrient dense, low calorie, low carb and have plenty of fiber to satisfy your appetite.
- Brussels sprouts: 6 g protein per 1 cup cooked
- Spinach: 6 g protein, per 1 cup cooked
- Broccoli: 5.7 g protein, per 1 cup cooked
- Turnip greens: 5.5 g protein per 1 cup cooked
- Asparagus: 5.3 g protein per 1 cup cooked
- Artichoke: 6.2 g protein, medium
- Kale: 2.9 g protein per 1 cup chopped raw
- Cauliflower: 2 g protein per 1 cup cooked (Not green, but it's supergood for you.)
- Romaine letture: 1 g per 85 g (about 1/8 th of a head)
Enjoy a variety of ample servings these veggies throughout the week, along with other nutrient dense foods (including beans, nuts, and seeds) to stay healthy and fit. Speaking of nutrients, check out Dr. Fuhrman's chart of the protein content in green vegetables as compared to meat. Lots of surprises there!
FYI: Adult women need around 46 grams of protein a day, according to WebMD.
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was helpful. Let's stay connected: Newsletter // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Bloglovin' // YouTube
Consider supporting this blog by shopping via my Amazon shop or buying my green cleaning eBook. Thanks.