I'm sharing the contents of my cosmetics bag because I think you know someone better when you know what's inside their bag. Also, I'm curious if you carry around any of the same stuff.
Here's what in my Sustain organic cotton pouch cosmetics bag:
- Homemade lip balm: Made in re-used tube from Mongo Kiss organic peppermint lip balm (which is exceptionally good lip balm, better than my own, but mine is pretty good too and costs less than 50 cents to make) because I'm thrifty like that and because I love their chubby lip balm tubes.
- Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Castile Soap: I carry this because my hands break out in a rash and become painfully irritated and cracked if I use random soap in restrooms, especially anti-bacterial soap. I keep it in a repurposed glass dropper tube so it's easier to travel with and use.
- Alaffia Everyday Coconut Super Hydrating Body Lotion: I love this! It absorbs and moisturizes my skin so fast without leaving behind anything oily. I have a huge bottle of this so I travel with some in an repurposed spice jar.
- The Honest Company Hand Sanitizer Spray: I prefer to wash my hands to clean them but sometimes that's not possible, so I love using this all natural hand sanitizer because it doesn't try out or irritate my hands.
- Natracare Organic Cotton Pantyliners and Organic Cotton Tampons: I prefer using a Diva Cup, but I carry these around just in case Aunt Flo pays me a surprise visit or if I'll be out using public (and possibly sketchy) restrooms all day. Once you drop your menstrual cup into a public toilet you kinda wanna be really careful afterwards. Yes, this happened to me. Yes, I fished it out. Fortunately, it was a staff bathroom so not that bad, but still pretty gross.
- Midol because Cramp Bark doesn't always cut it.
- Vintage 2 Grrrls Pocket Mirror circa 1997: I've had it since 1999!
That's it! I travel kinda light. The only makeup I wear is Beautiful Birdie Cosmetics Mineral Eye Shadow on my eyebrows, but I don't need to reapply it throughout the day.
What's in your cosmetics bag? Leave a comment (and share a pic, if possible).
Olivia Lane Lovejoy is a Blogger, Green Living Educator, and Health Coach trained at The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She's also author of Baking Soda & Bliss: The Healthy & Happy Guide to Green Cleaning.