|Lentils for #meatlessmonday lunch|
- red onion instead of yellow
- vegetable broth made with Better than Bouillon vegetable base in place of all or half the water
- I usually make a huge pot, so I'd say use about 3-4 cups of water/broth for each cup of lentils. I like a chunkier soup and you can always add more water or broth as you go too.
- diced canned tomatoes instead of crushed
- palmful of Italian seasoning mix (rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil,and parsley) instead of just oregano and basil. Use your favorite spices.
- without garlic and vinegar (still tasty!)
- frozen kale in place of fresh spinach (add about 10 minutes before end of cook time)
- add potatoes or sweet potatoes/ yams (add about 30 minutes before cooking time ends)
- cook for an hour and a half for softer lentils.
Happy Meatless Monday! Let me know if you try this recipe. Also, let me know if you're eating something else meatless tonight.
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was helpful. Please like Olivia Cleans Green on Facebook, join my email list, follow me on Twitter, and subscribe to my blog posts (by email, via Bloglovin', or with your preferred RSS reader) to keep in touch and discover more creative green homemaking tips.