|Removed cat hair from my cotton tights with a rubber glove.|
To remove pet hair from clothing:
- Put on a clean rubber glove.
- Rub garment in one direction with the glove. Repeat as necessary.
- You'll notice all the pet hair clumps on the glove.
- Any stray hairs that were missed can be removed with a lint roller. One sticky sheet should do it, as opposed to the 3 or 4 usually required. (I find Casabella makes the best lint rollers, but they are not cheap so between that and saving the planet, I like to minimize use.)
- Rinse, wash, and dry the glove as you would after normal use. (Sprinkle some baking soda in there to keep it fresh too.)
My mom has a long-haired mini dachshund and uses this technique on her couch. I bet it works with a variety of pet hairs and fabrics.
Try it and let me know how it works with your pet hair situation. Also tell me, what's your favorite pet hair remover trick or product?
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was helpful. Please like Olivia Cleans Green on Facebook, join my email list, follow me on Twitter, and subscribe to my blog posts (by email, via Bloglovin', or with your preferred RSS reader) to keep in touch and discover more creative green homemaking tips.