|Gooey leftover homemade vegan pizza. Yum!|
- Make your own with yeast. (Quick and easy, and popular, pizza crust recipe.)
- Buy a bag of pizza dough at the supermarket. You can find it in the refrigerator and freezer section. There's usually a multigrain and white flour option. I recommend leaving it out of the fridge a few hours before you work with it.
Now, what are you going to bake it on? Three options.
- Do you wanna make deep dish style pizza:? Use a cast-iron skillet. Check out what Emma did at A Beautiful Mess.
- Are you fancy? Then you probably have a pizza stone. (I wanna eat at your house!) If you're thinking about getting fancy, this HowCast video explains how a pizza stone can help distribute heat evenly and make for a crispy crust.
- Are you just a regular person who bakes occasionally? Then you probably have a cookie sheet. Put your pizza dough on that.
- Muir Glen Organics Pizza Sauce- it's the best of the canned stuff and good for lazybones. I aspire to one day make homemade pizza sauce; this recipe from Simply Scratch has me drooling into my keyboard.
- Vegan cheese. Use Daiya Cheese or Teese. Don't waste your time with anything else.
- Sauteed veggies and mushrooms.
- Roasted garlic.
- Roasted sweet potato. (Try it!!!)
- Tofurky Italian Sausage
Vegan Pizza: All the kids are eating it! Good looking recipes at:
No Meat Athlete
Oh She Glows has a million pizza posts
Do you make pizza at home? What do you use: stone, cast iron skillet, or baking sheet? What's your favorite vegan cheese for pizza? Let's talk!
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was helpful. Please like Olivia Cleans Green on Facebook, join my email list, follow me on Twitter, and subscribe to my blog posts (by email, via Bloglovin', or with your preferred RSS reader) to keep in touch and discover more creative green homemaking tips.