Being healthy and maintaining your ideal weight doesn't mean never snacking. It means choosing snacks that are packed with nutrition and love, instead of empty calories and guilty feelings.
When choosing a snack, I like to think about what foods make me feel my best and taste good. I also try to think of snacks as an opportunity to fit in the things I know I should be eating, like more protein and veggies.
Here are my favorite go-to snacks:
- chunky peanut butter by the spoonful
- dark chocolate, especially with almonds and sea salt
- tamari roasted almonds
- stove top popcorn, made with canola oil and topped with just sea salt or Adobo seasoning mix and dried dill
- celery, room temperature only cuz I'm picky like that, plain or with hummus or nut butter
- Smoothies, usually banana + kale or spinach + nut butter + ground flax seeds + nut milk + cocoa powder + vanilla extract + cinnamon, but sometimes I make the same smoothie with coffee syrup instead of greens cuz when in Rhody...
- these crazy peanut butter sandwiches
- corn chips and salsa, although I've eaten so much of this I'm kinda over it. Kinda. I'm sure I'm just a purchase away from falling face first into a bag of blue corns.
- another meal because sometimes I'm just plain hungry
- coconut tahini sweeties, a new sweet favorite that keeps me from going bonkers for doughnuts and cupcakes, which were totally number 1 on my snack list two years ago
Expand your repertoire of healthy snacks! Get your free Healthy Snack Guide from Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was helpful. Let's stay connected: Newsletter // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Bloglovin' // YouTube
Consider supporting this blog by shopping via my Amazon shop or buying my green cleaning eBook. Thanks.