|Journaling in layers. This old house is cold in the morning!|
Here's my daily morning ritual:
- Drink 2 pints of water.
- Read daily encouragement.
- Chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo. This is the most important thing I do all day!
- Drink warm water with apple cider vinegar.
- Give my fiance a big hug for being so dang loveable!
- Journal/ The Artist's Way Morning Pages.
- Make myself a warm breakfast like savory oatmeal or tofu scramble. I make a green smoothie if I'm short on time.
- Eat breakfast at the table, usually alone. No internet, no books. Just me and my delicious food.
- Go to the park to walk or run along the waterfront, pet dogs, then get on the swings. (I don't do this when it's cold and I know it's why I feel a little emo December to April.)
- Take a long, hot shower. (Honestly, I only do this every other day in cooler months.)
- Give myself a mini natural facial.
- Massage lotion, body butter, or coconut oil into my skin.
- Get dressed in something that totally expresses how I'm feeling.
In the later, ThredUp.com founder James Reinhart suggests picking three wins for the day:
Decide on the three things that you'd like to accomplish in the next 12 hours in order for you to feel like the day was a success. Sure, not every day will be an epic win, but strategizing in this way will help to move the ball forward.I think I'm going to add that to my evening ritual. My mornings are kinda full!
Do you have a morning ritual? Are you thinking of creating one?
Thanks so much for reading this blog entry! I hope it was helpful. Let's stay connected: Newsletter // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Bloglovin' // YouTube
Consider supporting this blog by shopping via my Amazon shop or buying my green cleaning eBook. Thanks.